Monday, April 21, 2008

Word from our Attorney

I emailed our attorney and let her know the troubles we were having (see previous post) and she responded:

Unfortunately, I have heard others with much the same story. I will give this some consideration and see if I can't come up with some better options for you. I am not sure why Rhandi wouldn't show up just because of a "fee" issue. She could easily give/get paperwork from you and defer to Terry on that one, saying she will let you know and having you pay later. Hmmm. Well, let me think on it!

Second email:
I expect to hear back from another local agency as to whether they can do private home studies soon. If this agency says they can do it, you will have quick and professional service, I'm almost positive. I will let you know. I am sorry that SAFY is stressing you out. You don't need any extra stress right now.

So, we're anxious to hear back from her! Never got a return call today from SAFY. No Surprise there. =(

Then, we met with our friend Amy today in Muncie. We took her the papers that she needs to have the birth father sign. She doesn't know when that is going to happen yet, but she talked to the birth father last night and he said he needs to do it (sign them and go to the notary) when his girlfriend isn't around. He is going to check her schedule for this week.

The indigent clinic where our birth mom has been going isn't releasing her medical records, in spite of the release form we took there last week. The DR there is not always nice. As a pharmacist, my hubby has served this clinic in many ways in the past and it looks like he is going to have to pull some weight there to get things done. They do not know that Fred is the adoptive father! So, it'll be interesting, I'm sure.

0 comments: