Wednesday, April 16, 2008

News...

Yesterday, our friend Amy who is the "go-between" for our adoption contacted me and asked if I had the paperwork for the birth father to sign away his rights. She is going to take it to him to sign and then drive him to a notary. The other option he had was to go to our attorney's office, but he is to afraid to do so for fear of being arrested. My attorney assured me that she would not turn him in, for a variety of reasons.
Anyway, I emailed the attorney and asked about how to get the necessary paperwork. She said once we'd hired her, she'd get the papers ready. I thought we had hired her! She said we were supposed to sign the contract and mail half the adoption fee in, however, we'd never received the contract! She said she'd mailed it out to us herself on April 4. She'd been waiting to hear from us! We'd been waiting to hear from her! lol She emailed me the contract. So, tomorrow we are going to her office with the signed contract and the down payment. YAY!
Then, hopefully there won't be any trouble getting the father to sign away his rights. He doesn't want anything to do with the birth mother or the baby, but he's afraid to put his name on anything for fear of being arrested. Amy asked for special prayer as she goes to his house because he has a "mean girlfriend". We don't want any hinderances! I found out the birth father is about 6' 3" so we'll definitely have a tall daughter as the birth mom is about 5' 10"! I also found out the birth father has a couple of kids with two other women and that he does have a job.
We're having a time getting the clinic to release the birth mom's medical records to our family DR. They're being mean about it, so help me pray about that too.
Birth mom is out of the youth center and living back at home now. I hope she does OK.

0 comments: