Friday, February 15, 2008

Today

Today has been one of those emotionally up & down days.
I had searched onlined a couple days ago and made a list of nearby consignment/thrift type shops. I LOVE those! I can almost always find a treasure or two. My goal was to look for baby things. So, my traveling buddy, Snoopy and I hit the road to Richmond, IN in search of some finds today.
I had a great time! Bought a couple baby clothing items, found some books I'd wanted, etc. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and was looking at the scrapbooking stuff. Lots of baby stuff.
I couldn't bring myself to buy any of it and I was just very emotional, worrying that this miracle won't happen for us.
Yes, I'm trusting God, but I'm human and I've had over 14 years of heartache in the baby department, so it's a defense mechanisim, I guess. I'm so afraid of being hurt again.
On the way home, I began to cry and pray and an old hymn came to mind and I couldn't help but sing it:

All to Jesus I surrender;
all to him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust him,
in his presence daily live.

I surrender all, I surrender all,
all to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

2. All to Jesus I surrender;
humbly at his feet I bow,
worldly pleasures all forsaken;
take me, Jesus, take me now.

I surrender all, I surrender all,
all to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

3. All to Jesus I surrender;
make me, Savior, wholly thine;
fill me with thy love and power;
truly know that thou art mine.

I surrender all, I surrender all,
all to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.


4. All to Jesus I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to thee;
fill me with thy love and power;
let thy blessing fall on me.

I surrender all, I surrender all,
all to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.


5. All to Jesus I surrender;
now I feel the sacred flame.
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to his name!

I surrender all, I surrender all,
all to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

0 comments: