Friday, February 15, 2008

Letter

I got a letter from the birth mother (MM) yesterday. My first one. She wants me to know she likes me a lot and wondered if she could come to our church sometimes to see the baby. Bless her heart. While I can't tell her whether she can or can't go to church, it's not in her best interest, nor ours, for her to come. I was a little bit upset. I went to see Amy, the gal that is facilitating the adoption and she told me not to worry, that MM wouldn't show up anyway, even if it was OK with us. Amy told me that MM LOVES me and MM wondered if we could adopt her too, because of her home situation. I thought that was sweet, but sad too. I'm going to pray that she gets along better at home. The letter from MM is bittersweet. She has teenage- girl handwriting and the reality is...is that she is a freshman in high school who made a mistake. I also found out yesterday that MM's mom pushed her to get an abortion. The money was in hand and the appointment was made. I'm not sure if MM waited too long or what exactly happened, but I PRAISE GOD that innocent baby will have a chance at life! "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; Before you were born, I sanctified you;" Jeremiah 1:5 NKJV

0 comments: