Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gifts for birth mom

One of the gifts we got our birth mom is this gold chain with a tiny baby's ring. It has Ryleigh's birthstone. It is SO precious!

This picture isn't great, but this is a beautiful pale pink bear. Ryleigh has one-it's her first bear. We got an identical one for our birth mom. The card says that we want her to have this link with the baby...something to hold and love. And, that maybe someday, when she begins to find healing, she can put the bear away if she wants to and that it's OK to do so. Then, maybe someday, years down the road if Ryleigh and her birth mom meet, they'll have matching bears!!

We have tons more gifts, but I really love these two. =)

4 comments:

Alison said...

How sweet and caring of you two. You are the best at picking out the most sentimental gifts. I'm so happy for you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you are going to stay in contact with the borth mother after the baby is born and if so to what capacity?

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't check for typo's until after I posted it, that should have said *birth*

Anonymous said...

The full moon. Don't know how much of a believer I am but when my mother-in-law came to stay with me for birth of second child, her time to be here was almost up and she looked at the calendar and said Monday was full moon - he was born on Monday so does that make me a believer?

mary g