Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Update


I've been busy taking care of Hubby so I haven't had much chance to update my blogs. He's home until sometime in April. I'll be glad when he's back to his old self! lol I hate to see him feeling so poorly.

On Easter, we got a text message from the birth mom that said "me and baby wish you a happy easter!!" I thought that was sweet. =)

I've been working in the nursery. I put up a shelving unit in the closet...it's a shelf and has a place to hang clothes, etc. So, I bought a bunch of baby hangers and have been hanging up clothes, etc. I'm starting to get a nice collection of clothing for baby! It was nice to get the clothes off the dining room table! lol

Today I contacted a lawyer. We're ready to get the legal end of things going! It's very nerve-wracking though. I've been losing lots of sleep! lol
I'm anxious to hear back from the lawyer and will let you all know how it goes. Pray! lol
My friends Nathaniel and Dana that sent me the baby shower in a box (or boxes! lol) got news last Thursday they might be able to adopt a little boy and by Friday, it was a go! This will be their first child. They've been married only one month less than us and haven't been able to have children either. The boy is at Dana's sister's house in KY. She flew to Kentucky the next day to be with the boy. Her hubby was flying there this week to sign paperwork. The little boy will be 2 in April. Here's his photo:
Dana wrote:
My sister said he is very lovable and quiet he has had a rough start. His mom has no photos of him; she basically said she is happy to be getting rid of him. She does not want to meet us or know anything about us. We found out on Thursday that it was a possibility by yesterday we found out at 4:00 it was a go. I am going down first and Nathaniel will come down either Monday Wednesday. The mother still has 20 days to change her mind once our paperwork is signed. Please pray for us that it all goes smoothly. My nieces are already loving him and spoiling him. My mom is so EXCITED!!!! I can hardly believe it she told me last night that I had better hurry up and get there before he is too attached to my sister. His teeth are a little messed up thanks to his mom that allowed him to chew on anything so he got lead poisoning. But, they told me that he is fine from it and that once his baby teeth come out his teeth will be fine. We will more that make up for what he has been going through.

CONGRATULATIONS, MY FRIENDS!!! He is adorable!!! And, very blessed to be joining your family!!

0 comments: