Friday, March 14, 2008

Names

Who knew that picking a baby name would be so difficult? I cannot believe how stressful this is!
I've always had a list of names that I've loved. It's weird how as time goes on, you look at the list of names you've loved and see a particular name which in turn reminds you of someone you now know and maybe don't care for or have been hurt by, so now you don't like the name so much! lol
Emily is such a popular name, but all I can think of is my mom's best friend Emily in the 1970's. She had long, stringy, greasy hair and never, ever wore shoes. Or a bra, come to think of it. She was a total hippy.
I love names like Rachel, Olivia, Isabella, Alexandra, Savannah, etc. My DH does NOT. I presented him a list of 26 names. He put them into categories: 2 names went into the "Yes, I like" category, 8 in the "I kind of like" category and a whopping 16 in the "NO WAY" category. What's a girl to do??
He told me not to stress about it, that some people don't name their babies until 2 or 3 weeks AFTER they've been born! That did not bring me comfort! lol
(He just came and stood over my shoulder and asked me if DH stood for Designated Hitter...LOL...I'm like, huh? No, it means Dear Husband!)

0 comments: