Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THE big day!!

Just had a bath, getting ready for the big day!



Waiting outside the courtroom. Grandma Patti, me & Ryleigh and Grandma and Grandpa Peterson
Grandma & Grandpa Peterson


Jabbering with Grandma



From left: Attorney Rebecca Bruce, Grandma Patti, Grandma Peterson, Fred, Ryleigh, me, Grandpa Peterson, Judge Fieck



Proud first-time dad and proud first-time Grandpa!!






Balloons floating high!

I bought pink balloons and made tags for each balloon that read "Thank You, Lord for our precious miracle~Ryleigh Ema Jane Peterson. Once the adoption was complete, when we went outside, we released the balloons towards Heaven, clapping our hands and thanking God for His blessings! Everyone but me expected the balloons to pop quickly, especially since it's almost 90*, but the balloons soared towards the heavens, eventually floating all the way above the clouds! They were all so surprised but I said, "I'm not. I knew God would accept our praise!!"
What a miracle that this adoption is totally finalized and Ryleigh's only 7 weeks old! She's no longer "Baby Girl M*****" but

RYLEIGH EMA JANE PETERSON!!!

Tag on each balloon


This is Ryleigh after the big events of the day! She was SO good!! Never made a peep in the courtroom!

We had to stand right up front in front of the judge and she was so fascinated with him! She stared wide-eyed at him! I think he was tickled by that.

Our attorney had to ask us questions and I had to respond and I cried through nearly the whole process! Then our attorney was choked up too so we were quite a sight! lol

We all went out to eat afterwards, celebrating our blessings!




18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Words cannot describe how happy I am for you & Fred. God is absolutely AWESOME!! I loved the balloons idea...I can just imagine the smile on God's face =) You 2 have been generously blessed with this wonderful little child...she couldn't have found a better home to call her own...or better parents =) Keep sending updates when you can, I love reading your emails and seeing the photos! Little Miss Ryleigh is a beautiful baby! Love you! ~ Amanda =)

Anonymous said...

sooooo amazing.. thank you for letting us share in this beautiful day!!!!

you all looked so pretty!!!

i loved the balloons and praises!!!!

Anonymous said...

I HAVE THOUGHT OF YOU KIDS ALL AFTERNOON!!!!! I'm writing this through teary eyes - what a beautiful testimonial, Mommy! I'm so happy that John Feick was your Judge. He's one of my favorite young attorneys and such a good man too. I worked with him at Cross & Marshall many years ago. I know he was so delighted to witness and have a part in your adoption. He has handled so many cases involving abused and mistreated youngsters so I know he loves happy endings for little ones.

Keep those pictures coming! I'm so pleased that Aunt Patti was with you!
Thanks for sharing your big day with me.
God is so good.
Bless you all.
Francine

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle! I’m so happy for you all. This e-mail has brought me to tears. Congratulations to all of you, grandma’s, grandpa’s, mom and dad! I love what you did with the pink balloons too. What a fun way to send your praises heaven-bound. J I believe God has shined on you even before you ever thought you’d be adopting a little piece of heaven here on earth. Ryleigh is just adorable and we love to continue to see her pictures. Please keep sending!

Hugs to all of you!

Birgit

Anonymous said...

sniff sniff sniff BBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! Those are tears of joy that are flowing down my face right now.

I am SO overjoyed for your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Jesus for smooth sailing!


Kim

Anonymous said...

Halleljuah! I cried when I saw the pictures and read about the balloons....what a blessing! That had to be a record for adoptions to be finalized. God is good.....

Love you all,

Sis. Seaman

Anonymous said...

Fred and Michelle,

Congratulations on your wonderful news!!! I am truly happy for you both, wow it is hard to believe that the day has finally arrived. You all looks so happy and your family looks complete, thanks for the pictures it helps when you are so far away

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with me. I'm VERY excited. Yes we are serving a BIG God. Good Luck.
Bob Watters

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures - thank you and CONGRATULATIONS! God is faithful! I am so happy for you, Michelle! It's a fantastic thing - being parents and I'm just so happy that you have this little miracle. May God bless you every day!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I am sure that you make your attorney and the judge's day. Not many wonderful, things happen in courtrooms these days. Congratulations to you all!! Cathy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !!!! I am so happy for all of you! She is just beautiful and
you can see the joy in everyone's face. nancy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm not sure that is the proper expressions or not. I'm so happy for you and Fred. I know you have waited a long for this. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Ryleigh's saying "Boy, this adoption stuff is sure tiring!" Ha! Sweet picture of her. Now you can really relax and enjoy your little one without any worry that something might happen at the last minute. Everyone looks so happy! Congrats and thanks bunches. Hugs, f

Anonymous said...

I read this & started to cry! What an amazing journey! I love it! Jerri

Anonymous said...

Michelle Im so happy for your family of 3!!!!
Ive been there. i know the happiness it brings.
God Bless yall
Kelly

grandbetty said...

Michelle, it's been a while since I,ve read your blog, after my niece Alison passed I kind of took a leave of reading anything. I'm so glad I started back!!!!!!! Alison's mother and I can't ever say enough about your faithfulness in praying for Alison like you did.Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your lovely family is such a joy to see!!!!!!!How clear it is that you love and thank God!!!! I love the bow in both of your hair. so sweet.

Anonymous said...

hi there...
how beautiful is she.... Ryleigh is adorable....
CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR ADOPTION AND BIRTH OF YOUR DAUGHTER....
god has many of his lambs to place in good & loving homes.... Just look at the picture...your family is in our prayers...
philomena faren

Anonymous said...

hi there...
how beautiful is she.... Ryleigh is adorable....
CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR ADOPTION AND BIRTH OF YOUR DAUGHTER....
god has many of his lambs to place in good & loving homes.... Just look at the picture...your family is in our prayers...
philomena faren