Monday, August 18, 2008

BIG day!!

Tomorrow is our big day...in 15 hours we'll be in court, finalizing the adoption.


I feel overwhelmed, thankful, scared, relief, did I mention overwhelmed? lol


Just a day or so ago, I told my hubby that sometimes, when I hold Ryleigh I look at her, startled, in disbelief that she's really mine. It feels like I've been on one long babysitting gig and someone will soon come and take her away.


I've cried more these past 6 weeks than I have in a long time. A friend, Kim S., who has also adopted X 2, said it well, "It's a lack of sleep and the overwhelming feelings of love" that cause the weepiness. One minute I'm just dandy and the next, I'm squalling and bawling! lol


But, I wouldn't trade a minute of it for all the gold in this world. Not one minute.
Thank You Lord for my beautiful, perfect blessing!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I can't tell you how thrilled we were that you and Fred brought that beautiful little Ryleigh for us to see! I knew she was a beauty from her pictures, but she is even more beautiful in person. I wish I had had the time to really smooch and cuddle with her more. How great and good is our God!!! We rejoice with you in His blessings.

Love you,

Sis. Seaman