Monday, July 21, 2008

Weirdest things

People can say some of the weirdest things!

Last week, an older lady said, "What a cute dress! Is it a boy or girl?"

A few days ago, Ryleigh had on a blue dress and a lady said "Is it a boy or girl?" When I replied, "A girl" she said "I thought so, even though she's wearing blue."

Also last week, someone whom I thought would offer encouragement asked me how I was. I had had only 3-4 hours of sleep by the time of this phone call at 10 AM. When I told her I was exhausted, she said, "OOOOHHHH YOU JUST WAIT!!!!!!!!! YOU JUST WAIT!!!!!!! IT ONLY GETS WORSE FROM HERE. CONSIDER YOURSELF VERY WELL RESTED NOW BECAUSE IT ONLY GETS WORSE." Near tears by her vehement declaration, I said, "Well, you're just full of encouragement today" and she got snotty and said "I'm ONLY telling you the truth! YOU JUST WAIT."

So, let me share some advice. When you come across a new mom that hasn't had any/very little sleep for days and days, try telling her she's doing a good job; that it gets better because baby will start sleeping longer through the night, etc. even if it means you have to bite your tongue to keep the negative junk in! Even if you had a terrible experience with your baby, it doesn't apply to all babies!

OK, I'm done now! LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved all the pictures she is soooo pretty!!!!! It does get easier you get to sleep more it just hard for a little while. Some people are just dumb!!!!! lol Love Lydia

Anonymous said...

Michelle

I love all the pics!

Its it amazing how much they change everday. Isnt it???


She is beautiful.

I know those hours of no sleep and crying at the drop of a hat but one day you will look back and think where did it go. It will get better.
Thinking of yall

Kelly

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable. Man only 18 days old in the latest picture and she looks like she is growing already. Don't listen to anyone else about it getting worse. You just do what you can and this is your first time so enjoy every precious moment.

Hugs,
~~** KRIS**~~

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I have tried to leave you alone so that you could have your special time with her, but I'm not sure how much longer I can wait. I'll be needing to hold her soon. She is beautiful. I miss you and I hope you are really getting to know your little angel. they grow up so fast. Love ya

DARLA K. KLEIN(radar_61)