Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Breathing easier

We're starting to get our "sea legs" under us from the exhaustion of a newborn.

The first night at the hospital, the nurse kept Ryleigh in the nursery for us so we could sleep. It had been an exhausting day.

The next night, we kept her in our room and it was a looooong night. I remember sitting up with her in the rocking chair in our hospital room and Fred sitting on his little cot saying "I don't know if I can do this." I was like, "That's not what I want to hear at this particular moment...with a screaming baby in my arms!" We got about 3 hours sleep.

Our first night home was tough. Ryleigh wouldn't sleep anywhere but my chest. So, guess who sat in the recliner all night, holding a tiny baby girl? I know I got some sleep, cause I woke myself up snoring. =)

The next day, my sister and mom came to visit. After they were here about an hour, I told them to enjoy the baby =)...I needed a nap. And I slept for 3 hours! I felt like a new woman after that nap!

Fred wants to pick Ryleigh up everytime she cries, including in the night, etc. So, Sunday night, I had him go to bed in our room with the fan on high for the noise and I slept in the living room so I could get Ryleigh to sleep in her swing and not on my chest. I told him not to come out of the room even if he heard her cry! lol I told him I'd come get him if I needed him. After a rocky start, Ryleigh slept in her swing 5 hours! I got her up to feed her and she never even opened her eyes! She went back to the swing and slept 4 more hours! Woohoo! lol Now she sleeps in her swing every night and I get to sleep in my bed! She wakes up every 2 to 3 hours to eat but goes right back to sleep.

She's such a good baby! She never cries unless she's hungry. She doesn't even cry with a wet/dirty diaper!

We are very blessed!

0 comments: