Thursday, May 15, 2008

DR's visit

Birth mom Meranda, Amy and I went to the DR this morning. Meranda is doing great!
I stopped at McDonald's on the way to the DR to get a Diet Coke and I called to see if they wanted anything and Meranda needed a breakfast burrito! lol She said all she does is eat and sleep now.
She will be 34 weeks tomorrow, going by the records from the clinic she used to go to. Everything checked out great! I got to record the baby's heartbeat for Fred to hear. When he heard it later, he was pretty awed and choked up!
We go Tuesday for an ultrasound to see how big the baby is, exactly how far along she is, etc.
Meranda missed school yesterday because of pains all across her low back and her belly!!!! Dr R. said that if she goes into labor between now and week 37, he will stop the labor. Anything after 37 weeks we won't stop and he said we'll just have a "birthday party!" lol
The delivery room plan is that as soon as Ryleigh is born, Meranda will hold her and have her picture taken. Then, her mom and Amy will have a picture with the baby, then Meranda wants to be the one to pass the baby to me. I'll be in the floor bawling probably and she'll have to hand Ryleigh to Fred!! After she hands us Ryleigh, she wants us to take Ryleigh to our room and she doesn't want to see her anymore, as it will be too hard.
Meranda loves the name Ryleigh!
I feel so overwhelmed! In a good way though. It's a blessing that is so out of this world, my mind and my body cannot contain it.
Birth mom's preggo belly with Baby Ryleigh in there!!

0 comments: