Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dedication

Tomorrow at church we're having Ryleigh's baby dedication. I'm so nervous! I'm not looking forward to being in front of 1300-1400 people and then how many ever zillions watch the services online, but I'm excited to have her dedication service.

If you aren't familiar with a baby dedication, it's just a very special time where the baby, the parents, grandparents, etc. gather either at the front of the church or up on the platform, as is our case, and the pastor briefly speaks about the importance of raising your child in a Godly home, reminds you to set good examples and so on. Then there's special prayer over the baby and then the family. The baby isn't baptized or anything, as in a Catholic church. It's just a sweet time of dedicating your baby's life to the Lord.

We bought Ryleigh a special dress by Baby Biscotti in pale pink tulle...we got it before she was born, in anticipation! We have tiny pink glittery shoes, ruffly socks and a sweet headband.


The shoes


I'll be away from the computer this coming week, but I'll post pix as soon as I can!

If you want to watch the dedication live on Sunday morning, it's at 11 AM my time and you can see it @
http://www.calvarytabindy.org/. You will see a link on the top right of the site that says "Live" or something like that. Click on that to watch the service live!

0 comments: