Tuesday, September 30, 2008

13 weeks



I'm starting this entry at 8:02 PM. Ryleigh was born at 8:19 PM 13 weeks ago tonight.
I'm still overwhelmed by it all..this blessing I trusted God for for over a decade but then was shocked when I received this most special gift of motherhood.
Tonight my heart longs for our birth mom (who by the way, is doing well!). I want to call her and "reminisce" over the events of 13 weeks ago, but that would be selfish of me. If she isn't thinking about it, I don't want her to. I want her to be thinking about being a 15 year old.

My eyes are filled with tears as I remember:




  • that at this very moment, our birth mom was trying not to push as we were waiting for the DR to arrive.


  • that Fred was shaking so bad I thought he'd pass out.


  • that we could see the top of Ryleigh's head!


  • that when the DR ran in the room he gave all of us orders as to what was happening and so on and I didn't "register" anything he said at the time! lol


  • that I was holding the young girl's head up as she began pushing, wanting to give her some of my strength or trade places with her.


  • that I switched positions and watched my baby girl being born.


  • that I was a witness to one of life's most beautiful, amazing miracles. Birth.


  • how our birth mom wanted me to cut the cord, as she thought it would signify the transition of Ryleigh being hers to Ryleigh being mine. And, I did. And, it was.


  • that I watched my husband of 15 years become a father.


  • that I watched my father-in-law become a first time Grandpa.


  • that at this very moment (8:16) Ryleigh's head was birthed and I got the first glimpse of the love of my life, my miracle from God.


  • that after Ryleigh was born, I just held our birth mom and sobbed, as did she. I kept saying, "THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" and she kept saying, "It's OK".


  • how I stepped away from the bed to the area in the room where Ryleigh was being checked out and they pulled the curtain around our birth mom and I sobbed because I could hear her sobbing, wanting to be with her, saying I couldn't leave her and being told that I had to and that I had to take the baby, who was crying loudly, and go to the nursery.


It's now 8:19. 13 weeks ago at this very moment, a new mom was born.


We took these pix abuot 8:25 PM tonight. We'd both been crying, thanking God.




Happy 13 Weeks, Ryleigh!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome blog and testimony!!!!

Soooo beautiful!!!