Friday, March 20, 2009

A birthday

Our birth mom turned 16 yesterday. I can hardly believe that! It doesn't seem like all that long ago that I met her as a 14 year old pregnant girl.

I got her a couple of gifts and tried to meet her last Sunday. A couple things happened and it didn't work out. I did go to her house and she wasn't home yet. I talked to her mom and step-dad. I asked her mom if she wanted to see Ryleigh and she didn't. I understood. I mean, she did want to see her, but couldn't do it, you know?

I did find out that the names our birth mom had chosen for her unborn baby were Tianna or Amarie. She graciously called "our" baby Ryleigh through her pregnancy and at the hospital when asked what name she'd picked out for the baby so it could be officially written in the records, she said "Ryleigh".

I can't believe that's been 8.5 months ago.

0 comments: